Monday, January 07, 2008

Short Sleeves in the Snow

During the journey back home from Florida, we had a 2+ hour layover in Kansas City. The temperature was reported to be 28 degrees, and there was plenty of snow outside.

Since we had so much time to waste, Amanda and I decided to go outside and let the kids play in the snow for a little while. To prepare for the cold outdoor weather, Amanda donned her fleece and equipped the kids with similar attire. I however, put on a standard white t-shirt under the one that I was already wearing.

Amanda: Aren't you going to put on long sleeves?

Me: No, this should be fine.

Amanda: Won't you be cold?

Me: Probably not. If I do get cold though, then I can always just put on my long sleeve t-shirt at that point in time.

Amanda: That's stupid. And you're weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I would have known you were going to be at our airport for so long. I would have come up and visited with you.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

I think that I called YOU stupid and said wearing short sleeves (even if it is two shirts) in the snow is weird. I still stand by that. What are you trying to prove, you wacko?

By the way, Mike was sick soon upon our return home and I was not. Coincidence??? I think not.

Susan, wish that we had looked ahead to see that we would be in your airport. Maybe next time!

counter stats