Monday, January 12, 2009

Red Hot California Peppers

I heard the latest Red Hot Chili Pepper single, Dani California, on the radio the other day. While I was listening to it, I remembered two other songs by them about California - Californication and Under the Bridge (about L.A.).

This led me to thinking - how many songs about Cali do they have? After Googling a combination of the band name and California, I came upon a surprising Wikipedia entry listing songs that are about California. After searching for the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the rather large Wiki entry, I found that there are 8 songs about this state by them.

Now, these guys have surely toured around the world. So has no other place inspired them quite as much as back home in California? I mean, I appreciate this state as much as the next guy - maybe even more. But I can't help thinking that if I were to obtain more experience in my travels then I would encounter places that are more beautiful (or at least in a different kind of way), then where I currently live.

But kudos to Kiedis and the crew for their hometown/state passion.

No comments:

counter stats