Thursday, November 08, 2007

Venting and Random Rambling

  • Our house now has discoloration from either mold or mildew on the ceiling in the playroom, which is caused by a leak in either the shower or toilet of the master bathroom above it. The problem could require extensive plumbing and drywall repair, not to mention isolating and removing the mold.
  • My car is experiencing excessive vibrations at over 40mph. Originally I thought it to be caused by improper wheel balancing, but have recently realized that pushing in the clutch at those speeds reduces the problem significantly. This leads me to believe that it's drivetrain (transmission, driveshaft, or differential) related.
  • Although all of our credit cards were paid off in the not too distant past, we've been slowly slipping into debt again with them. The home and car problems mentioned above aren't helping the matter any. Not to mention still needing to pay for a rental car during the 10 days of our trip to Florida for Christmas.
  • I haven't been able to make progress on my projects (upstairs projector, gym equipment, web site).
  • Both Amanda and I are lacking exercise and I am getting discouraged and frustrated about not being able to find a way to fit it into our schedule, and/or being too undisciplined to make it happen in the little time that is available.
  • To top it all off, work is frustrating me too.
    • First, earlier this year our company stopped allowing streaming audio (no more Air1 or talk radio through the internet).
    • Now, they are eliminating the downstairs cafeteria, where I have enjoyed eating either a meal or a side of veggies 2-3 days a week. Now I'll have to drive somewhere for lunch or settle for the unhealthy fast food that's within walking distance.
    • I'm also in the early stages of a new project, which requires a bit of learning that is difficult and challenging.

No comments:

counter stats