Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mr. Hyde Begins To Rear His Ugly Head

Too much stress, and not enough exercise. That'll do it - I'm starting to get grumpy.

My two biggest weapons for combating excessive pressure in life is prayer and exercise. Sleep doesn't hurt either, but I'm so used to living without it (or a normal amount anyway) that it's definitely a distant third.

That being said, I have been less physically active since Emily's birth than probably at any other point in my life since I was 15. With two kids and two houses to take care of I haven't been able to figure out how to fit in regular time with God either. And the stress of potential impending financial doom is looming on the horizon from the house and car troubles during the last six months or so.

Unfortunately, my in-laws and also my wife's best friend probably got a glimpse of my grumpy side when they last visited. Sure, I can hide and stifle him for a while, but under the current circumstances he's definitely been more difficult than ever to conquer.

The good news is that when it comes to the kids, it's not a problem. I would even say that they're a great distraction from life's annoyances, especially when I'm spending quality time with them.

No comments:

counter stats