Sunday, July 07, 2013

Book Review: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engel

I remember reading this book as a kid (was it middle school or high school?), and really liking it back then. Recently though, Amanda read it for the first time. Since I needed some bathroom reading and it was sitting nearby (I know, TMI), I picked it up and started reading it again. Then I had a hard time putting it down.

This is one of those books that's a classic for good reason (in my opinion). It's both light hearted and serious, and has some odd and captivating characters. It's also an interesting twist on the battle of good vs. evil, and even time/space travel too. I could have sworn I recall it being longer though, and going further in depth about various scientific concepts (such as mitochondria), and more details about the Murray's home life (cooking dinner over bunsen burners). Perhaps I read one or more of the other books in this series as a kid though, and just don't remember specifically doing so.

In any event, it was a fun and fast read, and I'm glad to have done it again.

1 comment:

CatholicMom said...

Interesting review... I have never heard of this book before!

counter stats