Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Meeting Minutes of Michael's Mind

A couple of months ago, I was in a long drawn out meeting at work. Since my participation in this meeting was minimal, I started daydreaming about this question"What would an ideal life look like to me, within the bounds of reality?" I then started making a list, of goals that could actually be achievable, even if they would be unlikely and/or overwhelmingly difficult. So here is is:
  • Exercise 3-4 times/week consistently.
  • Aside from my regular job, make some additional $ on the side somehow (make an invention and/or start my own business of some sort, etc.)
  • Be able to afford having our house cleaned quarterly (take the stress of keeping up with it off of Amanda).
  • No (or very few) house or car repairs to have to deal with myself.
  • Enough $ to pay off debt sooner, and also do more fun things (with the family and on dates)
  • Be motivated to read and learn more stuff for work. I am considering an accountability partner and/or creating a discussion group for this.
  • Go on more dates with Amanda, preferably dressing up occasionally too.
  • Spend 15 minutes/day with God (reading Bible, praying, etc.)
  • For Amanda and me both to set aside 1 day/year spent with God (be alone with Him - just walking, thinking, praying, contemplating, listening, etc).
  • To set aside at least 1 full day and night per year for just Amanda and myself to spend together.
Now all I have to do is win the lottery and cut out sleep from my schedule:-) Seriously though, is this list achievable? If not any time soon, then even in my lifetime? And if not in its entirety, then which items should I scale back or just give up on?

Maybe this exercise is pointless, but then again maybe setting these goals could help motivate me more to find a way to achieve them.

No comments:

counter stats