Friday, April 24, 2009

The First Lomonaco Production

On Friday 4/9, I watched the kids while my wife worked at our church.

After breakfast, I had the idea to make a short movie with them. So I started by making a list of all of the resources that we had available.

When listing the items that we had available, a plot came to mind. So I hatched out a quick scene synopses (as seen on the paper below) underneath the list of resources.


I had to prepare the set by removing all of the clutter in our bonus room. Then I ran through the scene with the kids, explaining what we were going to do and each of our roles in it.

After several takes, a costume change by Emily, a little editing using Windows Movie Maker, and the addition of dramatic music during the perfectly choreographed action sequence - viola!



2 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

That's such a great idea. My dad used to put on plays with us as kids too. We still talk about, "A Birthday for George Washington."

Unknown said...

Adorable!!

Have you been reading a little John Eldridge lately?

counter stats