Tuesday, October 10, 2006

He's More Important Than Just Crap Time

My life is insanely busy right now with 1 toddler, 1 newborn, 1 new house (with boxes to unpack and childproofing to accomplish), a car that is leaking 60% of it's compression through the exhaust valve(s) in cylinder 6 and needs new brakes (including rotors), etc. So about the only time I make to read the Bible is on the toilet. And even then I sometimes read the newspaper or Popular Mechanics magazine instead.

Well, last night I was reading the Bible on the toilet and I had an interesting thought. What if Lucas were all grown up with his busy life, and I were to say to him "Son, we never get to spend any time together anymore." to which he responded "Well dad, I'm really busy, but if you want to come into the bathroom while I'm taking a crap, then I'd be happy to hang out with you then."?

I'm pretty sure I would feel pretty insulted and disrespected, and at the very least I would kindly tell him, "No thanks, let me know when you can squeeze me into your regular schedule." Maybe I'd even say or at least think to myself "After all I've done for you, that's all the time I can get from you, is your crap time?"

I really need to make more time to spend with God, the one whom not only grants me with all of the blessings in my life, but genuinely desires to spend time with little insignificant me.

1 comment:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Interesting poop parallel. I've been using my time similarly lately. Something to think about for sure.

counter stats